Communications & Stakeholder Officer
• Newly created, varied and interesting role
• Small team
• Sydney CBD location
Catholic Schools NSW (CSNSW) represents the state’s 595 Catholic schools, which educate one in five NSW students. It represents the interests of Catholic schools and their owners to the media, government and other education sector stakeholders.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative Communications & Stakeholder Officer to join our Sydney-based team. This newly created position will support and report to the Senior Manager – External Relations.
The successful individual will assist in promoting Catholic education through traditional and social media, online activities, events and stakeholder outreach.
The role will have a wide variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Drafting media releases
- Creating social media content
- Monitoring social media
- Managing CSNSW’s social media profile
- Producing the daily media summary
- Identifying story opportunities
- Updating the media calendar
- Liaising with Catholic schools authorities (diocesan and independent) on stories
- Liaising with journalists to promote stories
- Planning and executing media launches and events
- Drafting e-Bulletin items
- Managing the media and stakeholder databases
- Stakeholder mapping
Key abilities required for this role include:
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- experince in developing and executing communications and marketing material
- sound attention to detail
- ability to work as part of a small team
- ability to meet deadlines, sometimes under pressure
- knowledge of working with government an advantage
The successful applicant will have an understanding of and commitment to the purposes of Catholic schooling, including their religious purpose, and will be required to undertake a Working With Children Check.
For further information, please contact Jim Hanna