Before and After School Care
NSW Before and After School Care Fund Infrastructure Fund 2019
The NSW Government has begun to deliver on its $120 million commitment to expand access to before and after school care (BASC) for public primary school children across NSW through access to the Before and After School Care Infrastructure Fund and other initiat ives via the SmartyGrants application process.
Currently eligibility to apply for these grants is restricted to services providing BASC care for government primary school children.
Catholic Schools NSW continues to work with the State government to explore the possibility of re-establishing access to SmartyGrants for services providing BASC for NSW Catholic schools students and their families.
Regulation and Policy Environment
The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Assurance (ACECQA) through the National Quality Framework (NQF) quality assures early childhood education in prior-to school services.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for families and carers – The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach is available to all children aged under 7 with a developmental delay or disability.
Australian Early Development Census (AEDC)
The Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) data helps schools plan for the needs of children arriving at school. It assists schools identify areas where children and families in the community need additional support to achieve positive outcomes in the areas of:
- physical health and wellbeing
- social competence
- emotional maturity
- language and cognitive skills
- communication skills and general knowledge
Public data can be found here: https://www.aedc.gov.au/data/data-explorer
Early Years Teacher Accreditation
For information about Early Years Teacher Accreditation please contact NESA.
The Early Years Initiative
The initiative aims to:
- value that families are the first educators of their child
- reinforce that what parents are already doing matters
- inspire parents with evidence-based advice and key messages to expose learning opportunities in everyday experiences.
- support confidence & capabilities of parents to positively influence rich home learning environments
- build the connection with parents that they belong to a vast community of NSW Catholic schools